Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sweet Sounds

So, I had a doctor's appointment this past wednesday and it was actually James' birthday but he was gone to a conference for school so since he couldn't go, lovely Aunt katie went with me. We got to hear the heartbeat which was really cool! Katie called James so he could hear it and she video taped it for us. I tried to post the video on here but I can't figure out how. It is posted on facebook and on Utube as well. (I posted it on utube thinking I could take it from there to get it on here but that didnt work either.) Anyways, the baby's heartrate was 170 and Cissy swears its a girl because her boys had low heartrates but so far, I have talked to 4 people that all had boys and their heartrates were all around 165 to 168. The nurse said the heartrate always starts out high and the next time it will drop quite a bit so we will see. I also found out that my insurance covers the early screening ultrasound which has to be done around 12 weeks so next wednesday James and I will get to see our baby again and it will actually look like a human. I'm hoping we will get more pictures so I can post them. The screening is done to test for down syndrome, spinabifida and 2 other chromosome defects which it really doesn't matter if our baby does has one of these because we will love it no matter what but we think it will be fun to see the baby since its been a while and we wont see it again until 20 weeks. No news on the 5ths test yet but I will keep you posted. By the way, James and I realized that we found out we were pregnant on my birthday adn got to hear the heartbeat on his! We thought that was interesting so I wanted to share.

2 comments:

Strayhorn12 said...

It was amazing to get to hear J/G's heartbeat! Thanks for letting me come with you.. I can alway tell him/her that I heard their heartbeat when they were only the size of a little strawberry.. aww.. Love, Aunt Katie --- oh.. you need to mention your baby is getting a new cousin too!! Exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you got to hear the heartbeat! And what's with this crazy great timing you guys have? Finding out on Heather's birthday... hear the heartbeat on James' birthday... due date on Grandpa David's birthday... which is right at the end of the school year! I think you guys have the best planned pregnancy I've ever seen! Scott and I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!