Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hello again!  Yesterday I had my 24 week appointment and all went well!  J is doing so good and the doctor was impressed with my weight.  (I've only gained 10 pounds so yay for me!)  I did ask about my "uti" which as it turns out, it was not a uti.  My doctor thought that I either had or may still have a kidney stone!  She did say that it must be really tiny though because if not, I'd already be in the hospital for it.  Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is take tylenol and drink 2 liters of water a day!! I have done great with the water for today and I haven't taken any medicine and so far...so good!  I'm hoping to make it through the night with no pain and then I think I'll be over this whole thing.  Anyways, my mom came to the appointment with me and afterward, we went to look at the maternity ward in the hospital and found out they just built on a multi-million dollar section with a labor and delivery/maternity section! We got to tour it and it has all state of the art equipment and even still smells new! I also got to meet the nurses that take will take care of us after the birth.  They wanted to show us a room but they were all full so I guess there's a baby boom out there.  I'm going back in 3 weeks because my doctor is out of town the 4th week from now and I will take my glucose test  AND...we will get our 3D utrasound at that time as well! I can't wait!!  

6 comments:

CAB said...

Kudos to you on your weight gain - I was always STARVING the first trimester and well, we won't discuss how much I gained w/my first pregnancy :) Miss Baby was only 6 lb. 14 oz. that time around though, so it was my fun feat to lose the weight afterward - looks like you're doing great! Glad to hear you had such a good appt. and the 3D ultrasound sounds neat - we never had one of those w/any of our babies.

Rebekah Sacran said...

Good job! How exciting to hear there are more pictures coming soon!

Anonymous said...

You look Beautiful! Congrats on everything going well. I think at this Time with G I gained like 30 pounds, at the end it was a total of 56. LOL G was a big boy and I LOVED ice cream and Taco Bell too, so I am sure that where most of it came it from. See you soon

RHONDA said...

Wow Heather... sounds like you've been through it lately- but looking like the cutest little momma evah!

I'll be on the road all day Sunday so I'll try to give ya a call and catch up.

Loves y'all! ;)

Jacque Brown said...

I can't wait to see J - he's going to be so cute! It's crazy to see you with chubby cheeks and a big belly. I'm SO happy for you.

Anonymous said...

you are sooo cute in this picture! ok you had no morning sickness and you have only gained 13 lbs so far....you officially suck! lol just kidding- you are doing great and you look beautiful!